Mysteries, Mistakes, and Multiple Muddles

It occurs to me that I should tell all of my mistakes so no one else makes them.

1.  Pay attention to door sills.  In the Bradford I they are all stained.  I bought pre-hung doors, and painted the sills white since I was painting the frames white.  

2.  All three bathrooms have smaller baseboard than the rest of the house.


Oops.

 How did I miss painting the inside door frame???

Oops, again.

Lots for me to muddle through-

Faith used oil cloth on her bathroom floors, but I have not been able to find the right vintage oil cloth.  The first photo is the original, the second is a printed paper, and the third is new oil cloth.  Obviously, the lumps and wrinkles will be gone when I glue it down.

Opinions? Which flooring would you choose?

Here's the original attic:


Look Ma, no doorway!

Here's my attic:



Hard to see, but there is a doorway in the back left, just an opening to the hallway.  Lol, do you think I need to change scales in the luggage department? None of this luggage will stay as I acquire the right candy containers.   

There are multiple mysteries in the house, or at least mysteries to me when all I can see is photographs.  Do you think she used knitting needles as curtain rods??????

Sorry about that glare.

Here's a quick view of my developing Day Nursery:
I love knowing that someone is following along, so let me know you were here with a comment, thanks so much!

Comments

  1. I am here, and this is awesome! I like the vibrancy of the cloth flooring, and I think it's a-okay if some things need to be more homage than exact replica! You're doing an incredible job, and I hope you are having the time of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great. I love seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely go with the new oilcloth. It may not be the right vintage, but it actually looks pretty darn close to the original. I like the pieces you already have for the bathroom, too! On the attic, maybe there is a door in the original, and you just can't see it in the picture behind all that luggage! I like your attic door--we had a very similar attic door in one of our houses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, this is brilliant! I love that you're re-creating this amazing Dollhouse. Can't wait to see your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you are thinking about The House- I read all the posts, and need lots of helpful encouragement from all!

Popular posts from this blog

How Time Flies

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Bradford and Strombecker still moving along!!