Random things-


The vanity is a Strombecker 3/4 size, sitting on a lace covered Jenga stick..  It's just a place holder until the Lynnfield stool comes along, then I will make a homemade vanity.  I have lots of the curtain material left so I will use that. The pink chair is, I think, an exact match.  There was a vanity by the same maker, but since it wasn't in Alice's room, I didn't buy it.  The seller says 'Germany' is stamped on the bottom of that vanity, that is good to know.  I believe Alice's original bed is by the same maker, I am keeping my fingers crossed it will come along at some point .





 Yesterday I worked on the ceiling fixture, but I am really stumped.


I figured out the main part is a Renwal lamp cut in half and the pieces reversed, but what got cut apart to form the base and the 'nipples'?



Speaking of painting Renwal lamps...



Do you think she could have sawed a few of these apart to put on the ceiling fixtures????  


The funny color just under the shade is a flash reflection.  Ultimately these go in the Parent's bedroom on the vanity...

Sooner or later...   This photo was taken before I added the gold paint to the tips.

Last but not least, what do you think about kitchen floor papers?


Bad picture of the floor, but that's what is in the book.

As always, thanks for viewing and reading!

Comments

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I am in love with this project, Beth! It's looking so great! Hey, I know that Strombecker vanity! :) I can't wait to see how everything progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking amazing! I honestly think the scale of the floor on the left is better but it looks too new. The one on the right is a better color and feels right for the room. But I'm sure either one will look great when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the dollhouse sleuth! Great work figuring out those light fixtures, and I like the floor paper on the left - it carries the feel of the original so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see how you figure things out. Great detective work on the light fixtures and the painting. On the floor, I agree that the one on the left looks a bit too new, although I think its design is closer to the original. Is there anyway you can age it a bit, perhaps with a wash of some kind?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you are thinking about The House- I read all the posts, and need lots of helpful encouragement from all!

Popular posts from this blog

How Time Flies

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Bradford and Strombecker still moving along!!