Lights, Camera, Action!

I am moving along slowly in the hot weather.  I was going to show you how I made some of the lights- but really?  You probably just want to see pictures-


One fake pearl glued to one silver pony bead then the plastic bead painted silver.  Black cord and thin jewelry chain glued to pony bead.  Measured in room, then cut and a silver bead cap slid on- with the cup portion facing the ceiling.  Wax mushed in to cup, tacky glue around the edges, prayers said, then pushed onto beam.



Here are some more of the upper rooms-

 Christopher and Robin's overhead light is a plastic vitamin jar lid with a vintage dollhouse light bulb set in a hole in the middle, then painted with gold paint.  It took 2 coats of gold since the gold sort of separated on the plastic.  Faith probably had it easier since she no doubt used metal lids.



Lots more to be done in the attic...
I have to go to the builder waving dollar bills to see if I can entice him to make the builtin cupboards.  He told me he liked doing this remake, and wouldn't hesitate to do another, so I am hoping he will say yes to help finish it off.




 Humidity played a nasty trick on the kitchen flooring.  I should have put weights on the seams.  Now I will need to get glue or paste in there and weight it.  I'm saving that task until September when the humidity goes down.

The ground floor is coming along nicely- but the poor broken bike really needs to head off to the dump.  I have vintage fabric for curtains in here, but the humidity is making me come apart at the seams, too.

Comments

  1. Looking great! August is brutal for humidity...fall will be here soon, hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the light fixtures look terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you are thinking about The House- I read all the posts, and need lots of helpful encouragement from all!

Popular posts from this blog

How Time Flies

Bradford and Strombecker still moving along!!

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!